Yes this is THE day! It’s been months and months, but I’m finally sharing my guacamole recipe! Yay!
This is a family recipe that my father shared with me. It’s pretty simple and quick to make and it taste delicious. It truly is the best one I’ve ever tasted, and ask the Brit – after tasting it he said that basically everything else he ever thought was guacamole was wrong.
This guacamole is creamy and gives you a kick without adding chilli, which I personally love since it’s just balanced enough for basically anyone to eat.
I’m telling you this is the real deal!
- 3 (or 4) ripe avocados
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large tomatoes
- 6-7 spring onions
- Lemon juice (half a lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- Start by cutting the vegetables. Make sure to cut the tomatoes into small but rustic chunks. Finely chop the garlic cloves and the spring onions.
- Mash the 3 avocados (or 4 if you want to make it creamier) and include the lemon juice.
- Incorporate the cut vegetables into the avocado puree.
- Add the cumin. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Then the rest is only up to your knife skills. Cut the veggies, add to the mash and season to your liking. Then the only thing left to do is to grab some crisps, some nachos or even something healthier and enjoy!
Ever made guacamole? What’s your secret?xx